Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm thankful ...

I'm thankful for ...

For my shadow that watches me work
because it means
I am out in the sunshine

For a lawn that needs mowing,
windows that need cleaning,
and gutters that need fixing
because it means I have a home.

For all the complaining
I hear about the government
because it means
we have freedom of speech..

For the parking spot
I find at the far end of the parking lot
because it means I am capable of walking
and I have been blessed with transportation.

For my huge heating bill
because it means
I am warm.

For the lady behind me in church
who sings off key because it means
I can hear.

For the pile of laundry and ironing
because it means
I have clothes to wear.

For weariness and aching muscles
at the end of the day
because it means I have been
capable of working hard.

For the alarm that goes off
in the early morning hours
because it means I am alive.

-- from a forwarded email

No comments:

Labels